Minecraft Modpacks can be installed from two sources:
Take me to...
- Installing Minecraft modpacks from the CurseForge App
- Installing Minecraft modpacks from the CurseForge Website
Installing Minecraft modpacks from the CurseForge App
Click on the Minecraft tab in the app. From here, click "Browse Modpacks". This will lead you to a page that by default is sorted by Featured Modpacks. In the top section you will see the search bar. The modpack you are looking for, provided you have the correct name, should be sorted to the top. Once you find it, simply click install:
After the modpack completes its download and installation, it will now appear as a new profile under your Minecraft tab:
Installing Minecraft modpacks from the CurseForge Website
The CurseForge website allows you to download a modpack and install it to the app by using the 'Import' feature. This can be done in a few steps:
- Navigate to the modpack you would like to import on https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks
- Choose the version of the modpack that you would like to install and download it by either clicking on the menu icon or clicking on the file itself:
- Once the modpack has downloaded you can click the 'Create Custom Profile' button in the app, and then click 'Import'
- Navigate to the downloaded file, select it and click 'Open'
- The app will now take care of the importing process and once it's done you will have the 'Play' button ready :)
*Please note that imported modpacks do not maintain a link to the original project, so you won't be notified of updates. Therefore, we recommend using the first option mentioned in this article of downloading modpacks using the CurseForge app.