Modpack authors carefully curate mods, worlds, resource packs and other mod elements to create a single unique experience for you to play and enjoy. In many cases modpack authors carry on and maintain their creation to tweak it, submitting new files and updates to their project which users can easily update using the CurseForge App.
This guide was created and kindly provided by popular modpack creator Kehaan.
Take me to...
Update a Modpack's Version
- Go to the “My Modpacks” section on Curseforge app:
- Hover the mouse over the modpack and click on the small “arrow” next to “Play” (don't have the button? click here). This should update the pack automatic:
- Else it will open this: Now click on the small arrow at the “Select Modpack Version”:
- You should now see all the different versions to the modpack. Now click on the newest one which is the top one, and click “Continue”:
- The launcher will now begin downloading the newest version, once done you can click "Play":
Change a Modpack's version
Note that for this to be available, the modpack author must have an available version uploaded in the game version you're looking for
Please note that if you enabled the option to "Allow content management for this profile" in the "Profile Option", you will have to disable it in order for the "Change Version" option to become available. Any content changes you made for the modpack will be overwritten by the version change, unless you select "Update to new Profile".