We are excited to have you join us!
At the moment, the app is still in its Beta phase, which means that there are certain issues and bugs that you may be experiencing, but thanks to you and the community of CurseForge, we are now on our way to solving them.
This is a list of the most common ones:
- CurseForge Account transfer issues
Make sure you checked out the account migration flow first. If the issues persists, please contact us with your CurseForge username, Twitch username and email so we can check the issue.
- "An exception occurred during a webclient request"
Try restarting the application. If this persists, it usually indicates a slow internet connection. Try closing other network draining applications, or using the service at another time when the bandwidth is not under heavy load.
- What is the 'archived' indication?
This is a new indication that we added so you can tell if your version of an addon has been archived in the database. You can read more about this here.
- Missing language/translations
The localization feature will be added later this year.
- Search is not working properly
We know and we will improve it soon :)
- The Overwolf/CurseForge installer does not launch (Windows OS)
Please make sure to enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature or download the setup installer instead.
- The Overwolf/CurseForge installer does not work properly
Please make sure that Overwolf is not blocked (and is whitelisted) by your Anti-virus/Firewall. Please visit our Overwolf Installation error article for further details and solutions.
- "The system cannot find the file specified" / "Failed to download file"/ 'Error Code 0" errors
You can fix this using the 'Repair Installation' button - Please read more about this solution.
- Nothing happens when trying to launch a modpack / CMD configuration may be causing issues
Please try these solutions. We also recommend checking in the project page on the website if there is a known issue for the specific modpack you're trying to run.
- "The specified path, file name... or both are too long" error
We are working on a fix!
As a workaround solution please change your modding directory and make sure not to choose a folder located under your OneDrive directory.
- "Path can only include English letters and numbers" issues
Currently, only English letters and numbers can be used in the modding folder's path. Please try changing your modding folder to a different folder that doesn't use any special characters.
Additionally, this message is incorrectly displayed in cases of connectivity issues. We will soon implement the correct error message.
- Trouble launching a custom profile
If there are incompatibilities in your modpack between mods, or between the modloader and the mods you're trying to run, you can ask for help from the Minecraft community in the official CurseForge Discord Server. Check out our article as well for extra tips!
- "Could not verify Minecraft version" error when launching a modpack offline
The CurseForge app does not support offline play at the moment.
- "Java Runtime Environment is missing or out of date"
Please install or update your Java Runtime version. For more information, please visit here.
- No failed import indication
We are currently missing an error message for failed imports. Note that only modpacks can be imported, not mods!
- Updates for addons don't appear properly
We have successfully identified the issue and are have improved our server infrastructure to deliver faster syncs to the client and better reliability.
- Packager not working
This includes both the SVN-Repos and Git. We are also aware of committing errors.
We are looking into this and will update when we have resolved this issue.
For authors - look under the Authors segment in this page for a manual workaround.
- Can't manually add WoW to the app (macOS users)
Please make sure to choose the game's directory (_retail_ / _classic_) and not the game file itself.
- Sync feature
Sync feature is meant for syncing your addons between multiple devices, and not as a backup. We will soon add an article how to use this feature, and in the future plan on improving the UX/UI for better clarity.
- Why can't I find all the games available in the website on the CurseForge Client?
We are looking to add more game support in the future. This also depends on the games specific modding file structures - not all games allow for mod-manager support.
- Stardew Valley cannot be detected
You will need to download and install SMAPI and then relaunch CurseForge in order for the game to be properly detected.
- Kerbal Space Program cannot be detected
This can happen if you installed the game through Steam. We are working on a fix!
- Kerbal Space Program incorrect file structure
GameData folder is currently incorrectly generated, we are working on this.
- How do Among Us mods work?
We wrote an article for this, and most of the mods have specific instructions.
Among Us mods stopped working
There is a new game version out and available which is using a new Unity engine version. Some authors have updated their mods and you will need to update them as well, however some mods (specifically texture packs) might not port to the new version.
- Surviving Mars cannot be detected
This can happen if you installed the game through Microsoft Store. We are working on a fix!
*We may have a workaround, please contact us for more information.
If you wish to report an issue that is not listed here, please open a ticket describing the issue in as much detail as you can (including logs and relevant screenshots). Otherwise, you can report the issue or share your general feedback in the CurseForge Ideas site.