At the moment, the app is still in its Beta phase, which means that there are certain issues and bugs that you may be experiencing, but thanks to you and the community of CurseForge, we are now on our way to solving them.
Don't forget that some issues are not bugs, but rather features waiting to be developed. You can follow those in our Roadmap Board.
Note - if you're experiencing issues with the new CurseForge API please refer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take me to...
- The Sims 4
- Other Games
- Linux Client
Website related issues
- My login generated a random username for me. Can I change it?
You cannot change a username yet. In the mean time you can go into your Account Settings and change your display name.
- CurseForge Account transfer issues
Please contact us with your CurseForge username, Twitch username and email so we can check the issue.
- I cannot login with a Twitch account because...
If you have VPN service enabled, try disabling it, and log in again.
At the moment that is the only log-in option available, but we are working on additional SSO logins (e.g. Google login, Overwolf, etc.) that will be implemented as part of the new website that is being built.
- I was contacted by a user claiming to be a CurseForge member - how can I check if this user is legit?
Overwolf and CurseForge employees will never ask for your password. If you were approached by one of the members you can verify their credibility by going to their user page and see if they have the 'Admin' or 'Support' tag next to their names.
On Discord - you can verify if the user has the Overwolf staff role.
- I have issues/questions regarding the CurseForge Servers list page
You can contact Tebex support for any help regarding the Servers list page.
Client related issues
- See our comprehensive client errors and fixes guide
Click here for the article
- Addons I added manually to the modding folder don't appear in the app
We're aware of this behavior, if the add-on is recognized by the CurseForge App it should appear after an app restart. We are working on improving this without requiring a reset. Note that the client will only recognize mods/addons that are available on CurseForge for now.
- I'm getting an "Oops..." error when trying launch the client
We have an article for that! Refer to it here.
- The Overwolf/CurseForge installer does not launch (Windows OS)
Please download and run the official Overwolf troubleshooter. It helps diagnose and fix problems with the Overwolf app not opening or working correctly for the first time after installation.
- I'm trying to download Overwolf/CurseForge but the file keeps disappearing
If you're using some download manager that may be the issue. Try to download the client via the browser.
Alternatively you may have a rogue Anti Virus program installed called Segurazo causing this. Refer to this article on this.
- How can I know if I'm infected with the fractureiser malware and if I am safe to play?
Please refer to our article to read about the situation, and how to check if you are safe.
- My Minecraft game is crashing to desktop when launching or when entering my world
If you have an AMD graphics card, please make sure your drivers are up to date. You can find your AMD drivers here. If you're still having issues, please open a support ticket.
- I'm getting an "invalid file" error when trying to import a modpack in the client
Make sure you're trying to import a modpack that was exported directly from the client.
You cannot import a zipped folder full of mods. The import must be the recognized modpack format
Read more here.
- I need help setting up/running server-packs
We recommend reaching out to the community or server hosting suppliers for help and instructions.
- I'm having issues logging in to Microsoft version of Minecraft through the CurseForge launcher.
Refer to our Troubleshooting guide to repair your installation.
- Minecraft migration to Microsoft
If you got an email from Microsoft requesting you to migrate before March 10th, fear not - Modding, CurseForge and Java Edition are all still supported even if you migrate your Mojang account. Nothing will change and the app will still recognize all your modpacks and profiles. You can read more about this here
In order to launch the game you will have to login to the Minecraft launcher with your Microsoft account and not your Mojang account.
- I can't add Minecraft on Linux client
Our Linux client currently supports World of Warcraft only, with Minecraft support planned to come in the future.
- My addons incorrectly appear as modified
Note - modified files should still load correctly in-game, you can read more about this here.
- Sync feature
Sync feature is meant for syncing your addons between multiple devices, and not as a backup. You need to be logged in in both devices to use the feature. You can read more about how to use the sync feature here.
Note - your addon saved variables do not sync.
- Why am I not seeing my Project on CurseForge after it was approved?
Make sure you have at least 1 file uploaded as Beta or Release. You can update an existing file from Alpha status by clicking on the file name and then clicking the Edit button top right.
- Why am I not seeing The Sims 4 on the CurseForge client?
If the client doesn't detect your game automatically - Please refer to this article.
If you're still having issues, please open a support ticket.
- How can I upload addons to my file?
You can add Additional Files to your main file by clicking the file name in your Files tab, and then click the "Upload Additional Files".
Note that right now those addons won't be downloadable via the client, but we will add that option after the first beta
- I can't find my installed CC/Mod in the client
If you downloaded a Mod or CC via the client then moved the files manually to a different folder, the client will not recognize them as CurseForge Installed anymore but as local mods. Meaning no updates or additional meta-data from CurseForge.
We are working on addition organizational features into the client for future updates.
- Why can't I find all the games available in the website on the CurseForge Client?
We are looking to add more game support in the future. This also depends on the games specific modding file structures.
- CurseForge app does not support Microsoft Store games
These game versions are slightly different in file structure and are not yet supported by Overwolf client which is required for CurseForge. We are working on this.
- Kerbal Space Program incorrect file structure
See Authors section.
- Kerbal Space Program / Surviving Mars are not detected on MacOS
Use the manual option in the settings tab to add these games.
If you wish to report an issue that is not listed here, please open a ticket describing the issue in as much detail as you can (including logs and relevant screenshots). Otherwise, you can report the issue or share your general feedback in the CurseForge Ideas site.