At the moment, the app is still in its Beta phase, which means that there are certain issues and bugs that you may be experiencing, but thanks to you and the community of CurseForge, we are now on our way to solving them.
Don't forget that some issues are not bugs, but rather features waiting to be developed. You can follow those in our Roadmap Board.
Note - if you're experiencing issues with the new CurseForge API please refer to email@example.com.
This is a list of the most common ones:
- CurseForge Account transfer issues
Make sure you checked out the account migration flow first. If the issues persists, please contact us with your CurseForge username, Twitch username and email so we can check the issue.
- I cannot login with a Twitch account because...
If you have VPN service enabled, try disabling it, and log in again.
At the moment that is the only log-in option available, but we are working on additional SSO logins (e.g. Google login, Overwolf, etc.) that will be implemented in the future.
- "An exception occurred during a webclient request"
Try restarting the application. If this persists, it usually indicates a slow internet connection. Try closing other network draining applications, or using the service at another time when the bandwidth is not under heavy load.
- Search isn't working as expected / Forge/Fabric cannot be filtered
We know and we will improve it :) You can see what else we have planned in our Roadmap Board.
- I was contacted by a user claiming to be a CurseForge member - how can I check if this user is legit?
Overwolf and CurseForge employees will never ask for your password. If you were approached by one of the members you can verify their credibility by going to their user page and see if they have the 'Admin' or 'Support' tag next to their names.
On Discord - you can verify if the user has the Overwolf staff role.
- Addons I added manually to the modding folder don't appear in the app
We're aware of this behaviour, if the add-on is recognized by the CurseForge App it should appear after an app restart. We are working on improving this without requiring a reset.
- The Overwolf/CurseForge installer does not launch (Windows OS)
Please make sure to enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature or download the setup installer instead.
- The Overwolf/CurseForge installer does not work properly
Please make sure that Overwolf is not blocked (and is whitelisted) by your Anti-virus/Firewall. Please visit our Overwolf Installation error article for further details and solutions.
- Is CurseForge safe from the Log4j (Zero Day) Vulnerability?
CurseForge App is not affected by the recent vulnerability as it is not written in Java, however for Minecraft Java Edition users we highly recommend reading more on this over at Minecraft. We already released a patch to the app and to our best knowledge, any vulnerable mod was removed and you are safe to play modded Minecraft again.
If you are not sure, we recommend not playing the 1.18 game version. Previous versions and 1.18.1 are safe.
- "Path can only include English letters and numbers" issues
This message is incorrectly displayed in cases of connectivity issues. Please open a support ticket.
- "Could not verify Minecraft version" error when launching a modpack offline
The CurseForge app does not support offline play at the moment.
- Certain mods include incompatible version dependencies (e.g. 1.17 mod that installs a 1.16.5 dependency)
The mod author needs to re-set the dependency to include the relevant version once it becomes available.
In the future we plan to indicate this for you.
As a workaround, if the Modpack doesn't run for you, you might be able to toggle off the specific mods with the issue.
- I need help setting up/running server-packs
We recommend reaching out to the community or server hosting supplier for help and instructions.
- I'm having issues logging in to Microsoft version of Minecraft through the CurseForge launcher.
Try repairing the installation.
- There's a new Minecraft Launcher from Microsoft Store, but CurseForge runs an older launcher. How should I play my modpacks?
Simply launch from the CurseForge app and dismiss the pop-up.
- Minecraft migration to Microsoft
If you got an email from Microsoft requesting you to migrate before March 10th, fear not - Modding, CurseForge and Java Edition are all still supported even if you migrate your Mojang account. Nothing will change and the app will still recognize all your modpacks and profiles.
- WoW Addons files are missing in the client
We are aware that there is a incorrect handling of file properties resulting in files missing from addons.
If you suspect this is the case, please open a ticket or reach out in Discord and share a link to the file page on the CurseForge website.
- My Classic/BCC addons appear as corrupt
See our guide explains the issue and the workaround.
- My addons incorrectly appear as modified
Note - modified files should still load correctly in-game, you can read more about this here.
- Sync feature
Sync feature is meant for syncing your addons between multiple devices, and not as a backup. You need to be logged in in both devices to use the feature.
Note - your addon saved variables do not sync.
- Demeo - Zipped Folders are Rejected
Please add your file in a zipped format. do not add it into a folder - simply zip the file itself and submit
- Why can't I find all the games available in the website on the CurseForge Client?
We are looking to add more game support in the future. This also depends on the games specific modding file structures.
- CurseForge app does not support Microsoft Store games
These game versions are slightly different in file structure and are not yet supported by Overwolf client which is required for CurseForge. We are working on this.
- Stardew Valley cannot be detected (Windows users)
You will need to download and install SMAPI and then relaunch CurseForge in order for the game to be properly detected. For MacOS users we are working on adding app support for the game.
- Kerbal Space Program incorrect file structure
See authors section.
- How do Among Us mods work?
We wrote an article for this, and most of the mods have specific instructions.
- Surviving Mars cannot be detected
This can happen if you installed the game through Microsoft Store. We are working on a fix!
*We may have a workaround, please contact us for more information.
- Kerbal Space Program / Surviving Mars are not detected on MacOS
Use the manual option in the settings tab to add these games.
- Switching between flavors and installing addons will cause an error
Navigate to a different page (e.g "My Addons") and then install the desired addon.
- Navigating to "My Addons" while installing an addon will create 3 instances of the same file
Shouldn't impact anything besides the UI. Change to another page and back to fix it.
Relaunch will close the App
Close the app and then open it manually.
Deleting addons and reopening CF will cause the addons to be "modified"
This is a known issue, shouldn't affect anything besides the UI itself. We are working on a fix for the next upcoming versions.
If you wish to report an issue that is not listed here, please open a ticket describing the issue in as much detail as you can (including logs and relevant screenshots). Otherwise, you can report the issue or share your general feedback in the CurseForge Ideas site.