At the moment, the app is still in its Beta phase, which means that there are certain issues and bugs that you may be experiencing, but thanks to you and the community of CurseForge, we are now on our way to solving them.
Don't forget that some issues are not bugs, but rather features waiting to be developed. You can follow those in our Roadmap Board.
Note - if you're experiencing issues with the new CurseForge API please refer to email@example.com.
Take me to...
- The Sims 4
- Other Games
- Linux Client
Website related issues
- I keep getting redirected automatically to the Beta website
During high load times, we may start redirecting from certain pages in the legacy website. This is done to avoid downtimes and is done in periods of up to 10 minutes.
Note that not all functionality is currently available on the Beta website, but searching and downloading mods will work.
We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a temporary measure. We appreciate your understanding.
- CurseForge Account transfer issues
Make sure you checked out the account migration flow first. If the issues persists, please contact us with your CurseForge username, Twitch username and email so we can check the issue.
- I cannot login with a Twitch account because...
If you have VPN service enabled, try disabling it, and log in again.
At the moment that is the only log-in option available, but we are working on additional SSO logins (e.g. Google login, Overwolf, etc.) that will be implemented as part of the new website that is being built.
- I was contacted by a user claiming to be a CurseForge member - how can I check if this user is legit?
Overwolf and CurseForge employees will never ask for your password. If you were approached by one of the members you can verify their credibility by going to their user page and see if they have the 'Admin' or 'Support' tag next to their names.
On Discord - you can verify if the user has the Overwolf staff role.
- I have issues/questions regarding the CurseForge Servers list page
You can contact Tebex support for any help regarding the Servers list page.
Client related issues
- See our comprehensive client errors and fixes guide
Click here for the article
- Addons I added manually to the modding folder don't appear in the app
We're aware of this behaviour, if the add-on is recognized by the CurseForge App it should appear after an app restart. We are working on improving this without requiring a reset. Note that the client will only recognize mods/addons that are available on CurseForge for now.
- I'm getting an "Oops..." error when trying launch the client
We have an article for that! Refer to it here.
- The Overwolf/CurseForge installer does not launch (Windows OS)
Please make sure to enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature or download the setup installer instead.
- The Overwolf/CurseForge installer does not work properly
Please make sure that Overwolf is not blocked (and is whitelisted) by your Anti-virus/Firewall. Please visit our Overwolf Installation error article for further details and solutions.
- I'm trying to download Overwolf/CurseForge but the file keeps disappearing
If you're using some download manager that may be the issue. Try to download the client via the browser.
Alternatively you may have a rogue Anti Virus program installed called Segurazo causing this. Refer to this article on this.
- I'm getting an error when trying to play minecraft OR getting an "Unable to update Minecraft Native Launcher" error
Mojang released a launcher update on March 21st which is causing problems to load the game for some players.
The error may look like this:
You can temporarily fix this by repairing the installation on the client, but it only works once for most people, before the issue may pop up again.
This issue is waiting for a fix by Mojang. It is not related to CurseForge.
- I'm getting an "invalid file" error when trying to import a modpack in the client
Make sure you're trying to import a modpack that was exported directly from the client.
You cannot import a zipped folder full of mods. The import must be the recognized modpack format
Read more here.
- "Hold tight! We're getting Minecraft ready for modding..." or "Failed to download the Minecraft launcher due to a network error"
This issue is related to Windows 7, and unfortunately, we don't have a solution for it at the moment.
Please note that officially, we no longer support Windows 7.
- "Could not verify Minecraft version" error when launching a modpack offline
The CurseForge app does not support offline play at the moment.
- Certain mods include incompatible version dependencies (e.g. 1.17 mod that installs a 1.16.5 dependency)
The mod author needs to re-set the dependency to include the relevant version once it becomes available.
In the future we plan to indicate this for you.
As a workaround, if the Modpack doesn't run for you, you can disable specific mods in a pack by going to the Profile Options (3 dots) from within the pack, check "Allow content management for this profile". Then you can disable specific mods from the Mods tab in the pack.
- I need help setting up/running server-packs
We recommend reaching out to the community or server hosting suppliers for help and instructions.
- I'm having issues logging in to Microsoft version of Minecraft through the CurseForge launcher. Or I'm getting a "Could load launcher core" error from Minecraft Launcher
Refer to our Troubleshooting guide to repair your installation.
- There's a new Minecraft Launcher from Microsoft Store, but CurseForge runs an older launcher. How should I play my modpacks?
Simply launch from the CurseForge app and dismiss the pop-up. CurseForge uses it's own Minecraft launcher.
- Minecraft migration to Microsoft
If you got an email from Microsoft requesting you to migrate before March 10th, fear not - Modding, CurseForge and Java Edition are all still supported even if you migrate your Mojang account. Nothing will change and the app will still recognize all your modpacks and profiles. You can read more about this here
In order to launch the game you will have to login to the Minecraft launcher with your Microsoft account and not your Mojang account.
- I can't add Minecraft on Linux client
Our Linux client currently supports World of Warcraft only, with Minecraft support planned to come in the future.
- My addons incorrectly appear as modified
Note - modified files should still load correctly in-game, you can read more about this here.
- Sync feature
Sync feature is meant for syncing your addons between multiple devices, and not as a backup. You need to be logged in in both devices to use the feature. You can read more about how to use the sync feature here.
Note - your addon saved variables do not sync.
The Sims 4 ▾
- Why am I not seeing my Project on CurseForge after it was approved?
Make sure you have at least 1 file uploaded as Beta or Release. You can update an existing file from Alpha status by clicking on the file name and then clicking the Edit button top right.
- Why am I not seeing The Sims 4 on the CurseForge client?
If the client doesn't detect your game automatically - Please refer to this article.
If you're still having issues, please open a support ticket.
- How can I upload addons to my file?
You can add Additional Files to your main file by clicking the file name in your Files tab, and then click the "Upload Additional Files".
Note that right now those addons won't be downloadable via the client, but we will add that option after the first beta
- I can't find my installed CC/Mod in the client
If you downloaded a Mod or CC via the client then moved the files manually to a different folder, the client will not recognize them as CurseForge Installed anymore but as local mods. Meaning no updates or additional meta-data from CurseForge.
We are working on addition organizational features into the client for future updates.
- I'm getting an "I/O error" or I can't find my mods or CC in the app or game/ can't install new ones
If your modding folder is placed in some cloud service (Google Drive, iCloud, OneDrive) it can cause different problems. We recommend unlinking and moving the folder locally to your PC.
Other Games ▾
- Why can't I find all the games available in the website on the CurseForge Client?
We are looking to add more game support in the future. This also depends on the games specific modding file structures.
- CurseForge app does not support Microsoft Store games
These game versions are slightly different in file structure and are not yet supported by Overwolf client which is required for CurseForge. We are working on this.
- Kerbal Space Program incorrect file structure
See Authors section.
- Kerbal Space Program / Surviving Mars are not detected on MacOS
Use the manual option in the settings tab to add these games.
If you wish to report an issue that is not listed here, please open a ticket describing the issue in as much detail as you can (including logs and relevant screenshots). Otherwise, you can report the issue or share your general feedback in the CurseForge Ideas site.