We are excited to have you join us!
At the moment, the app is still in its Beta phase, which means that there are certain issues and bugs that you may be experiencing, but thanks to you and the community of CurseForge, we are now on our way to solving them.
This is a list of the most common ones:
- CurseForge Account transfer issues
Make sure you checked out the account migration flow first. If the issues persists, please contact us with your CurseForge username, Twitch username and email so we can check the issue.
- I cannot login with a Twitch account because...
At the moment that is the only option available, but we are working on additional SSO logins (e.g. Google login, Overwolf, etc.) that will be implemented in the future.
- "An exception occurred during a webclient request"
Try restarting the application. If this persists, it usually indicates a slow internet connection. Try closing other network draining applications, or using the service at another time when the bandwidth is not under heavy load.
- Search is not working properly
We know and we will improve it :) You can see what else we have planned in our Roadmap Board.
- The Overwolf/CurseForge installer does not launch (Windows OS)
Please make sure to enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature or download the setup installer instead.
- The Overwolf/CurseForge installer does not work properly
Please make sure that Overwolf is not blocked (and is whitelisted) by your Anti-virus/Firewall. Please visit our Overwolf Installation error article for further details and solutions.
- "Failed to download file" in CurseForge Client / "Error Code 0" errors in Minecraft launcher
You can fix this using the 'Repair Installation' button - Please read more about this solution.
- Trouble launching a custom profile
If there are incompatibilities in your modpack between mods, or between the modloader and the mods you're trying to run, you can ask for help from the Minecraft community in the official CurseForge Discord Server. Check out our article as well for extra tips!
- "Path can only include English letters and numbers" issues
This message is incorrectly displayed in cases of connectivity issues. Please open a support ticket.
- "Could not verify Minecraft version" error when launching a modpack offline
The CurseForge app does not support offline play at the moment.
- "Java Runtime Environment is missing or out of date"
Please install or update your Java Runtime version. For more information, please visit here.
- No failed import indication
We are currently missing an error message for failed imports. Note that only modpacks can be imported, not mods.
- Certain mods include incompatible version dependencies (e.g. 1.17 mod that installs a 1.16.5 dependency)
The mod author needs to re-set the dependency to include the relevant version once it becomes available.
In the future we plan to indicate this for you.
As a workaround, if the Modpack doesn't run for you, you might be able to toggle off the specific mods with the issue.
- Custom Profile Creation Section Glitches
We are aware of several UI glitches in the 'Add more content' section, including toggles getting 'stuck' on the top of the screen, certain mods not responding to the toggle and other small performance issues. These will be resolved in the upcoming iterations.
- I need help setting up/running server-packs
We recommend reaching out to the community or server hosting supplier for help and instructions.
- CurseForge App doesn't detect Minecraft Dungeons
We're currently working on supporting Minecraft Dungeons in our app, expect it in upcoming iterations, however it will only be available for Launcher version (and not Windows Store).
- 'Minecraft install directory not found' error
This error occurs when trying to use the 'Repair installation' function. You should be able to launch the modpack as usual and we will replace this error with a new indicator to show the repair succeeded in future versions.
- Multiple Client Support is not available
Multi-TOC support is coming in upcoming updates.
- My Classic/BCC addons appear as corrupt
See our guide explains the issue and the workaround.
- My addons incorrectly appear as modified
This has to do with the way we detect your addons and verify them against the server version.
Note - modified files should still load correctly in-game, you can read more about this here.
- Sync feature
Sync feature is meant for syncing your addons between multiple devices, and not as a backup. You need to be logged in in both devices to use the feature.
Note - your addon saved variables do not sync.
- Why can't I find all the games available in the website on the CurseForge Client?
We are looking to add more game support in the future. This also depends on the games specific modding file structures - not all games allow for mod-manager support.
- CurseForge app does not support Microsoft Store games
These game versions are slightly different in file structure and are not yet supported by Overwolf client which is required for CurseForge. We are working on this.
- Stardew Valley cannot be detected (Windows users)
You will need to download and install SMAPI and then relaunch CurseForge in order for the game to be properly detected. For MacOS users we are working on adding app support for the game.
- Kerbal Space Program incorrect file structure
See authors section.
- How do Among Us mods work?
We wrote an article for this, and most of the mods have specific instructions.
- Surviving Mars cannot be detected
This can happen if you installed the game through Microsoft Store. We are working on a fix!
*We may have a workaround, please contact us for more information.
- My Runes of Magic addon is not appearing in the app
Please open a ticket and send us a link of your website page for the addon.
If you wish to report an issue that is not listed here, please open a ticket describing the issue in as much detail as you can (including logs and relevant screenshots). Otherwise, you can report the issue or share your general feedback in the CurseForge Ideas site.